Wednesday 30 March 2011

Not been feeling good.....

For the past few weeks, I haven't been feeling too good. I have felt weak and lethargic and that has meant I haven't been attending to my blog very much. I feel bad about not commenting on the blogs I have been reading and not responding to comments on my blog. Staying around the house has become commonplace and even the dog is not happy with me for abandoning many of her walks.  Mrs F has been brilliant making the patient feel better.

I have been in and out of hospital having various tests in an attempt to find out what is wrong. I have had pains in my chest for some time and that is never a good sign. So, I have had an exercise ECG to check out my heart - I passed, as there was nothing wrong there. A camera was sent on a visit down my throat to see if my guts were bad - nope, that all checked out. Pills of all different types have been tossed down my gullet - some did some good, others not. I have had electromagnetic radiation shot at me to make x-rays of my chest and ah ha - a 'shadow' was seen on one of my lungs. Shit.

More tests and an CT scan of my chest followed and the conclusion of all this? I have pneumonia! This is not a good thing, but it could have been a lot worse, so I am grateful for that.  I had seen pneumonia as something that elderly people get and I am nowhere near ready to accept age is catching up with me.

So, more tests tomorrow, with a camera going into my lungs to take a look around - nice.

Hopefully I will be back to proper blogging form soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment