Monday 16 April 2012

Book Update

Okay folks, it is time I surfaced for a little while, at least long enough to give you an update on why I have been so quiet recently. I has been about three weeks since my last post and that is bad of me. Very bad indeed.

The main reason for my blogging absence is writing of my book. I am way behind schedule now and I have been concentrating on finishing writing the main chapters, which I have now done. Yeah! I went to twenty-seven different states on my USA tour and I have now written a chapter about all of them, from Maine to California. It feels like quite an accomplishment, but I know that I am not there yet. I have yet to write the introduction, the chapter about planning the trip and the final chapter about getting back home.

I was hoping to have everything written before the start of the 2012 riding season, but I have missed that. So it is now flat out to get the last of the words written before I ride to Portugal in seven weeks time. Gulp.

The first round of editing has been done to many of the main chapters, all of the pictures sorted and made ready, most of the maps are drawn, the cover is almost finished and the printer is lined up. I feel the end is in sight, but I am going to keep concentrating on getting everything finished. Publication date is targeted for October 1st and there is a lot to do to achieve this.

So, my blogging friends, I have had to forsake posting new stuff on my blog as well as reading what others have been blogging about. Hopefully, normal service will be resumed soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment