Wednesday 3 April 2013

The smallest things can give a lot of pleasure.


Is it just me that takes great delight in achieving something so small, it could be seen as seemingly inconsequential?

Doing something well that is big or grand gives any of us a lot of pleasure, however infrequently that happens. It is a rare feeling when we pull something off that is very big, so shouldn’t we also celebrate the small achievements? I think so. Small celebrations are really just as important as the big ones.

Today, I had one of those small successes and it felt truly great.

Two years ago, I started looking for a fuel container to carry spare petrol (gas) on my motorcycles when touring. At two litres, the first I bought was the right size, but had a spout so small that refilling it was impossible. The next one was too flimsy. The last one I bought was too large (5 litres). It seemed hopeless, but I was determined to find a robust 2 litre container that I could fill at a regular petrol pump.

Today, that search came to an end when a delivery from Touratech (who else!) found its way into my hands. This is perfect and will fit into my panniers with ease.

So, I felt it was worth celebrating the end of a long search. A small success, but it gave me a lot of pleasure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment