Tuesday 20 July 2010

Niagara Makes A Splash....

Niagara is a good place. It made me realise just how powerful nature can be. It made a splash with me.

I have been here before, but previously I had only been on the USA side of the falls and the Canadian side is very different. From Canada you get a better view of the falls.

Here are the pictures I took, mainly yesterday.

The Canadian Falls, with one of the Maid of the Mist boats....



















The Canadian falls with the spray rising high....


























The Canadian Falls with a great rainbow....



















Looking down at the water rushing over the edge....


























Maid of the Mist boat....



















The top of the Canadian Falls. 34 million gallons of water go over here, every minute!....



















A couple of pictures from near the base of the Canadian Falls....









































Looking down the river towards the Rainbow Bridge that connects the USA to Canada, with the American Falls on the right....



















The American Falls....





































Maid of the Mist boats....



















Today, I took a few video clips with my point and shoot camera. The quality is surpisingly good....





As I walked around with my camera, I couldn’t resist taking a few pictures of people. I liked this ladies hair....



















My favourite photo of the day was of this tough looking guy with his tattoos walking along carrying his baby. I asked if I could take their picture and he kindly agreed. The baby was less than a week old....


























I walked into the Clifton Hill area, which is where all of the tourist places are. It is tacky, but fun at the same time. The Hard Rock cafe sign is very cool....


























The Burger King sign is not cool....



















Strange, but fun....



















He had been riding his bike for too long without eye protection....


























The Scanlon Tower....


























A couple going for a, err, walk?....



























Niagara Falls at night....







































This is not a great quality picture, but this morning the spray from the Canadian Falls was so high, it was joining the clouds....


























I had to smile this morning. I ate breakfast in the "All you can eat" breakfast room. Some people there were taking that way too literally - the amount of food on their plates was huge! Now, don't get me wrong, as I amin need of shedding a few pounds myself, but jeez, these people could eat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment