Tuesday 28 September 2010

Looking Back....

I was asked recently what were my favourite things from the tour so far, what were my highlights and where did I like the most. That is a tough question because there have been so many good things to see and do. I tried to answer the question as fairly as I could. Of course, writing any sort of favourites list has the danger of people not agreeing or saying they would have added this or that, but here is my list. I have added this to the panel on the right hand side of this blog and I will keep it up to date by adding any new favourites as I continue my journey.

I have deliberately avoided listing this with any sort of any order, so I have simply listed them in the sequence that I saw them.....
  • Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges, New York City.
  • Lobsters in the New England states.
  • Provincetown in Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
  • Niagara Falls. New York.
  • Chicago, Illinois.
  • The Harley-Davidson Museum, Milwaukee.
  • The Sand Hills, in Nebraska.
  • The Badlands, South Dakota.
  • Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, South Dakota.
  • Needles Highway in the Black Hills of South Dakota.
  • Devils Tower, Wyoming.
  • Bighorn Canyon, as it was such a surprise!
  • Cody, Wyoming.
  • Riding Beartooth Pass, on the Montana/ Wyoming border.
  • Bison, waterfalls and geysers of Yellowstone
  • The Tetons, Wyoming.
  • Colorado and the Rocky Mountains!
  • Riding above the tree line – Mount Evans, Pikes Peak, Rocky Mountain National Park.
  • Bishop Castle, near Colorado City, Colorado.
  • Skyline Drive, Canon City.
  • Million Dollar Highway
  • Antelope Canyon

  • Back roads and small towns anywhere.
  • Meeting really nice people, in just about all of the places I have been.
  • The camaraderie of bikers. Everywhere, USA.

0 comments:

Post a Comment