Sunday 1 May 2011

My Abbey Road ABCD Picture

Okay, as I am organising the ABCD photo competition, I cannot enter a photo that I have taken into the competition, but that didn’t prevent me from taking one.

I took a ride into north London this morning to Abbey Road, where the famous Abbey Road Studios are. These studios are where the Beatles made a lot of their recordings and in particular, the pedestrian crossing outside the building was used for the picture of the Beatles that was on the cover of one of their albums, suitably called “Abbey Road”.

This is my version of the cover of the album, taken this morning, Sunday 1st July, especially for the ABCD competition. There are numerous centerlines in this picture!....


It is actually four pictures and I have cropped myself out of 3 of the pictures and pasted me back into the 4th picture. I used a tripod and my shutter remote control for the pictures.

This is the original Beatles album cover....

I had to wait to take the picture as just as I set up my camera, as bus carrying a lot of people arrived and they all had the same idea of taking their pictures of each other on the crossing....


This is the actual Abbey Road Studios, which is just to the left of the pedestrian crossing behind the low white wall....

0 comments:

Post a Comment