Sunday 23 May 2010

1 month to go....

Wow. It is now just about 1 month until I start my tour of the USA.

I have been somewhat busy recently and travelling a lot so I haven’t been posting much on my blog.



The big thing we did recently was Jackie (my wife) and I drove a car to Spain. It was an open top sports car with no roof. By “no roof” I mean just that. I don’t mean a convertible – I mean no roof. This would have been ok, except it rained. It hailed. And it snowed. It was -2 degrees Celsius which is 28F. Ok for me, but for Mrs F it was a little cold! She did really well and didn’t complain and just got on with it. Despite the cold, it was a fun journey. The one thing I did learn was when it is raining, the fastest you drive, the drier you stay…… Here are a couple of pictures of the car near our house in Spain (no the boat is not mine….)







































So, with just 1 month to go, am I ready for the USA tour? Yes, just about – I have a few last things to do, including getting the bike serviced and shipped. Oh, and I am going to Thailand for 10 days for my Brothers wedding. Thailand? – that place that is having all the riots (and deaths) at the moment? Well, yes, but we are not going anywhere near where the troubles are happening. At least I hope not.

The weather here today was getting us ready for Thailand. Wait for it….. it hit 86F (30C) here today. In May! In London! Very nice, but crazy weather for this time of year here.

Tomorrow, I am attending a “Bike Safe” riding course with the London Metropolitan Motorcycle Police and I will take some pictures and write something here about the day.

Later this week, I will try to do some more posts. I am aware that the new paintwork on my Road King has been finished for a few weeks and I still haven’t showed you, dear readers, what it looks like yet……

0 comments:

Post a Comment