Thursday 26 August 2010

I Feel Like I am Being Watched....

For about 18 months, I used to work in Moscow for the Russian Government. I flew there on a Monday and came back on a Friday, every other week. I was working on the Governments preparations for the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi 2014.

While I was there, every now and again, I felt I was being watched and my phone was almost certainly being bugged. But you just accept that these things happen there and you just get on with it.

But, I had the feeling a couple of times yesterday that I was being watched again, over here. In the US. I can tell you, it felt very strange.

Yesterday I left Bear Lake in Idaho and immediately crossed the border into Utah, the 22nd state I have been in on this tour....




















When I stopped to take the photo above, I had that feeling I was being watch. I looked around and this is what I saw....




















Someone was watching.

I stopped a little further on and again I had that same feeling. I looked around. I was being watched!....




















I put my fears behind me and rode on.

I hadn’t expected to be riding through a forest in Utah but I found myself in the Cache National Forest. There were rolling hills, good views and at one point, I was 8998 feet above sea level....



















































































There were not many people around. I went passed a few guys working on the utilities alongside the road and even they stopped what they were doing and waved as I rode by. I did see cows and even a horse on the road – clearly folk around here need to take classes in fence maintenance!

I did spot something I have never seen before and to most of my readers this will probably be boring, but I have never before seen electricity pylons where the structures are made of wood....




















I am holed up in Salt Lake City today, while my bike is being serviced. I cannot believe I have ridden 5000 miles since it was last serviced in Chicago!

0 comments:

Post a Comment