Wednesday 18 August 2010

Sorry For The Lack Of Posts.....

I am having a problem uploading pictures to my blog, so I am holding off doing any posts until I can resolve whatever the problem is. When I attempt to upload a picture, I get a message saying "Server Rejected". I have no idea why and I have posted a question about this on the Blogger Forum.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!

-----------------------------------------

UPDATE..... I have just got over this problem....

I suspect that anyone having the same problem is using Blogger In Draft (BID) and you have hundreds of photos on your blog. I was using BID and I had 100's of photos. Essentially what the problem is that BID uses Picasa to store your photos. It does this in albums that can only store 1000 photos. When you have uploaded 1000 photos and that limit is reached, the server rejects your attempts to upload more photos. The original blogger automatically created a new folder in Picasa when the 1000 limited was reached, but BID doesn't. It looks like a bug.

This is how to get over it. Turn off BID so that you are now using the original Blogger. Upload one photo using the Original Blogger in your post. That will create the new folder in Picasa. Now switch back to BID and the problem has gone away!

It worked for me. Until the next 1000 photos.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment