Monday 22 November 2010

Funny Signs

Despite the fact that my tour of the USA is over, I still have a few more posts to do about it.

As I was riding through the US, I occasionally saw a road a road sign that make me smile or laugh. I would often take a photo of these and I have been saving these until the end of my tour so I could post them on my blog all at once.

I hope that you enjoy some of these....

I am sure that like me, you will have a favourite.

This one just had me laughing out loud....






















We all know somebody who might live on this road....




























I wouldn’t want to live here....





















What? They get their own crossing?....




























OK, but what ARE the special rules?....




























This sign had me wondering for hours....Appropriate Precautions?.... What are they?....






















There is no need to cuss....




























We suggest you let them cross, or they might not like you....




























There are a lot of Moose here then?....




























What a great name for a road....





















I will go get my swimming trunks....






















Not in July they won’t....




























What irresponsible doctor that did this....




























I thought they only lived in cities...






















Okay, but did you really need to put a sign up outside her house?....




























Meant only for hogs with babies....




























This one just had me roaring with laughter....






















Some people just have jobs that are impossibly difficult....






















A popular place with young men....




























You have got to be kidding me. World famous?.....





















Does that have lots of bends or strong winds?.....





















No dinosaurs beyond this point....





















This one just cracked me up. I still don’t understand it....





















A fantastic sign, because it meant lots of tight bends coming up....



























Seen on an Indian Reservation....



























This must be a physicians sign....



























Many rivers are....




























I wish....



















I thought Holland was bigger than that....






















Well, the police might be down here, but I'm not sure....




























A huge strange sign, presumably put up be someone who felt very strongly about this....






















No especially funny, but it made me laugh....






















No way! You cannot call toilets a “Comfort Station”.....






















Isn’t is better to park first?.....






















The person that put this here was certainly making a point....




























What a unlikely combination. I bet people are rushing to here....






















Not a funny sign, but my least favourite of the whole journey....






















I would hate to be here during a storm....




























What a nightmare it would be to live on this street....






















How on earth did this get its name?....






















It’s not strictly a sign, but on seeing this, I just had to get a glimpse of the driver....





















Finally, my absolute favourite sign.
Ever.
This is brilliant....




















I hope some of these made you smile!

0 comments:

Post a Comment