Saturday 6 February 2010

London Motorcycle Show

I went to the London Motorcycle Show on Friday and I must admit I was a tad disappointed. Considering London is a major global City, the show was quite small and whilst most of the major bike manufacturers were there, there were some missing. KTM for example. However, after not being at the other major bike show in the UK at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham at the end of last year, it was good to see both Harley-Davidson and Ducati at the London show. Overall though, it was just a bit small and I wondered if this was just a sign of the financial crisis but then I remembered I had been to the same exhibition centre about three weeks ago for the London Boat Show and compared to that the bike show was less than half the size of the boat show. There were just less stands and vendors at the bike show than I had expected.

I did see some interesting bikes, some neat bike accessories for sale, and some friends. I even bought a new helmet for my tour of the USA – something subtle and understated.

Here are some pictures from the show........



The new crash helmet I bought especially for my US tour!!....














A Moto Guzzi concept bike....















A really nice restored Triton....














A low custom bike that I liked the look of....















The engine of a beautiful trike by Destiny Cycles....














Another stunning bike by Destiny Cycles....



















The new Norton Commando....














A wicked looking drag bike....

















Not my thing, but these Ducati's looked fantastic....
















A Victory that had been given the Cory Ness treatment....














Sunglasses feeling unloved, waiting patiently for somebody to buy them....


















Friends Ron and Caroline Brett who run Brett Tours – a European wide motorcycle touring company....



















I did take a few pictures of the new Harley-Davidson 48 Sportster – probably my favourite new stock bike at the show, but the pictures were all out of focus (so I lifted this one from a H-D site).....

0 comments:

Post a Comment